Thirst (2009)


Yup, its another vampire movie. I don't know, I guess Let the Right One In really got me in the mood. Now all of a sudden I have an urge to order a Twilight t-shirt. Fang-fanaticism aside, Thirst is crrraaazy good. Remember Old Boy? (Please tell me you've seen Old Boy). Well Chan-wook Park has done it again. In this bloody dark-comedy a young priest acquires some vampire-like traits after he's involved in an experiment where he volunteered to get infected with a rare virus. He has super strength, can heal any wound instantly, the sun burns his skin, and he gets horrible skin boils all over his body if he doesn't drink human blood. Lots and lots of human blood. Following the accident, he starts up a zesty affair with the young, beautiful, and extremely angry wife of his childhood friend. She, being bat-shit insane, convinces him to kill her husband, which leads to them both being plagued by crippling guilt. Oh, and did I mention there's lots of blood?





I can't think of enough good things to say about this movie. The cinematography is stunning, the acting is fantastic, the story line and dialogue are both brilliantly hilarious and exceptionally disturbing at the same time. Its a tragedy of epic proportions. An epic tragedy, if you will. Can't recommend it enough, people. You're gonna love this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment